Will Magnets Rust? Will that cause the magnets to be ineffective?


Posted by Genius on June 17, 19100 at 14:53:49:

Posted by The Genius on June 09, 19100 at 12:14:48:

I have been wearing the neodynium rings religiously since December, and I've noticed that the magnets are turning a certain shade of reddish-pink. I sometimes get the magnets wet, and I have sweated on them a few times, could this contribute to the magnet metal oxidizing? Will oxidation cause problems with the effectiveness? Can you suggest anything to stop this oxidation (if that is what it is?)
The genius

Answer: First of all, I don't understand why you got your rings WET! They are designed to be worn DURING sleep, so unless you are sleeping on a waterbed that leaks, they should not get wet! As far as the effectivness of the rings are concerned, it is DIRECTLY proportional to the strength of the magnetic flux which also is directly proportional to the strength of the magnetic field. Which means if the magnets, due to ANY reason, lose their magnetic strength, then YES, it will make the rings less effective.

Test for the strength of the magnets by counting how many paper clips they will pull up. And see if the oxidation reduces its strength. I don't think it will make that much difference UNLESS you make them completely rusted out!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup